Seattle Seahawks Pound NY Jets: 28-7
The Seahawks road to the playoffs remains wide open for another week. The Seahawks now go into the bye week at 6-4 and with an extra week to get healthy and prepare for a pair of tough road games against the Dolphins and Bears. The Seahawks have earned this break, hopefully they’ll use it well.
This was a game the Seahawks definitely needed, but the truth is that the Jets needed it more. The Jets season is not over. To be able to come out and dominate a team that was playing for their season like that was impressive. This was a very good win for the young Seahawks.
- Russell Wilson really struggled in the first half. The Jets had him confused and frustrated. He really settled down after halftime and looked very good after the break.
- Marshawn Lynch clearly isn’t healthy. His stat line ended up looking good, but he wasn’t the same runner early in the game. Lossened up late, but managed to get the job done. Lynch really needs, and deserves, this bye week.
- The Seahawks are breaking out a lot of trick plays right now. The flee flicker that should have been a TD in the first half (poor pass by Wilson) and the Tate to Rice pass for a TD in the 2nd half. I’m not sure this is a good thing, but it hasn’t hurt the team to this point.
- Having Baldwin back on the field makes a lot of difference for the Seahawks. He’s not a starter, but he’s a difference maker.
- The turnovers early int he game could have been really costly. Luckily the Seahawks wer playing the Jets, so they weren’t. They have to clean that up.
- The Seahawks held the Jets to 101 yards through the air. That’s 2 weeks in a row where the opposing offense has been able to do almost nothing in the passing game.
- Richard Sherman is amazing.
- The Jets running game was better, but not much. 22 carries total for just 84 yards. That’s supposed to be their strength, and the Seahawks shut them down.
- Did I mention Richard Sherman is amazing?
- Sherman had a pick, a force fumble, 3 passes defended, and zero completions against.
- The Seahawks dominated the time of possession stat: 36:11 or 23:49.
- 7 penalties for 45 yards. Not great, but not nearly as bad as earlier in the season. Needs to remain a point of emphasis by the coaches.
- The drive at the end of the 1st half, with Leon Washington on the field the entire time, was a wasted opportunity The Seahawks need to learn how to use those chances to get points.
Posted in Seahawks