Random Thoughts on a Total Hawk’s Blowout
This game was such one-sided disaster for the Cardinals there’s just not a lot of analysis necessary. So, I thought I’d list some of my random thoughts from the game and it’s aftermath.
- I wonder if the Cardinals would trade Larry Fitzgerald for Matt Flynn and a draft pick… They really need a QB. Larry caught one pass today.
- Cardinal’s fans and management shouldn’t blame Ken Whisenhunt. He didn’t fumble a single ball or throw a single interception. And who didn’t draft a high round QB last year?
- I know what Russell Wilson means about blowouts not being as much fun as a close game. This game was not fun to watch. By the middle of the third quarter I was rooting for the Cardinals to show some life, something, anything…
- This game may do more harm than good for the Seahawks collective ego. They caught a team at the bottom of their fall from respectability. That’s not going to happen again for a long time. The Hawks should not let this game convince them they have suddenly gotten that much better.
- Russell Wilson didn’t help himself to win Rookie of the Year. Not that he didn’t look good, but the Hawks would have won this game with Stan Gelbaugh under center.
- 10 penalties for 97 yds… Some bad habits returned for Sherman and Giacomini.
- Wish list for next draft: Get someone to replace Giacomini and his mindless penalties.
- I should have gone fishing rather than watch this game. Not that it wasn’t good that they won, but this game didn’t really prove anything.
- It’s good the second and third team guys got to play some. If the Seahawks make the playoffs it will help that they had this experience.
- Where was this when the Hawks played Miami, Detroit, and St. Louis? Let’s hope they saved something for Buffalo. The Buffalo game scares me.
- Matt Flynn looked worse than Russell Wilson ever has. He overthrew receivers by a LOT and almost got Sydney Rice killed on that pass over the middle. You don’t throw that ball to your #1 receiver when you’re up by 50.
- Richard Sherman is a great player, he needs to act like he’s been there before when he does something great.
Well, that’s about it from my perspective. Fair? Unfair? Have some of your own?
Posted in Seahawks